About the League
- The Navy League has set forth the following objectives:
1. To foster and maintain interest in a strong Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine as integral parts of a sound national defense and vital to the freedom of the United States.
2. To serve as a means of educating and informing the American people with regard to the role of sea power in the nuclear age and the problems involved in maintaining strong defenses in that age.
3. To improve the understanding and appreciation of those who wear the uniforms of our armed forces and to better the conditions under which they live and serve.
4. To provide support and recognition for the Reserve forces in our communities in order that we may continue to have a capable and responsive Reserve.
5. To educate and train our youth in the customs and traditions of the Navy, the Marine Corps, the Coast Guard and the Merchant Marine through the means of an active and vigorous Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
- Statement of Policy
We of the Navy League of the United States stand for a strong America - a nation morally, economically, and internally strong.
We believe that the security of our nation and of the people of the world demands a well-balanced, integrated, mobile American defense team, of which a strong Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marine are indispensable parts.
We support all Armed Services to the end that each may make its appropriate contribution to the national security.
We know that in a free nation an informed public is indispensable to national security and, therefore, we will strive to keep the nation alert to the dangers which threaten - both from without and within.
We favor appropriations for each of the Armed Services, adequate for national security, economically administered.
We oppose any usurpation of the Congress's constitutional authority over the Armed Services.
We urge that our country maintain world leadership in scientific research and development.
We support industrial preparedness, planning, production.
We support efforts of our government to achieve worldwide peace through international cooperation.
We advocate a foreign policy which will avoid wars - if possible; if not, win them!